We finished watching the first season of the Flash in short order. A really enjoyable and fun superhero show. Exceptionally well done. Lots of surprises, twists and turns. Solid character development. A couple of thoughts about The Flash:
- I'm not much of a DC fan and the movie versions of DC properties haven't really excited me. But The Flash resonates well with me. Not the depressing dystopia that seems to be in every other DC show.
- The Arrow/Flash crossover got me to pick back up with watching Arrow. And I really like it. We binge-watched season 1 of Arrow last summer, but season 2 wasn't on Netflix yet. I recorded season 3 on our DVR in hopes that we would eventually catch up. But we never had time... Now we do and are currently through the middle of season 2.
- In fact, I almost feel like Arrow and Flash are so complimentary, you really should watch them together. But you absolutely can watch them independently and not be lost.
- I'm looking forward to the crossover series, Legends of Tomorrow.
- I have very little background for the DC Universe. I was mainly a Marvel kid. A little bit of Superman and Batman, but I have no where near the depth of knowledge of the DC Universe as I do of the Marvel one. Most of my DC background comes from watching Superfriends. So watching these shows is a different experience than watching Agents of SHIELD. I don't always get the continuity references right away, but it's clear when they mention something that I should know.
- It's amazing how far TV special effects have come in the last 10 years. And directors seem to have a better idea of how to incorporate those effects.